Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Concert Really CAN Change Your Life :)

Okay, so you'll remember last week's post, where I voiced my struggles and concerns about the future and what God had in His divine plan for me. Well, God is amazing! He did something SO cool this week...here's the story:

I've been praying fervently for God to show me what His plan is for my life, and how He'll use me. He definitely answered that prayer in a very clear way this past week. On Thursday, March 25, the Winter Jam tour was in Grand Rapids. This was my second year going, because I absolutely loved it last year and the lineup was amazing this year. I went to this concert seeking God, because I always feel so close to God when I'm worshiping through music. This year's tour was especially cool. The whole theme of their tour, and a lot of the verses the musicians referred to in their messages/testimonies were about missions and changing the lives of others through the love of Jesus. Well, I thought that was pretty cool, because it related so much to my life.

The speaker was Tony Nolan (who is an amazing and powerful preacher). He told his story of redemption through God's love, which gives me chills. Then, later on in the concert, he told his story of adoption and how it has changed his life. He brought out his little girl, who he adopted last August. Well, guess what? Not only was she the most adorable little girl, but she also has special needs. Right then, I just wanted to start crying. It was the most amazing feeling ever, and I'm not really sure that I can explain it. I knew that this was God's way of telling me that special needs missions was right where I needed to be. The ridiculously powerful sense of peace that I felt right after he shared his testimony was so amazing, and I was pretty emotional.

I'll tell you this right now, I have never felt SO CLOSE to God in a room of thousands. I have never felt His hands holding me like I did right then. I've never felt like dropping to my knees and praising Him as much as I did then. The Holy Spirit is POWERFUL! The rest of the concert was just amazing. Like I said, I've never felt so close to God. It was simply the most amazing concert I've ever been to, because that night changed everything for me. I'm not worrying about what's to come, because I know where God wants me to be. I'm not worrying about anything, because I know that God will supply my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment